- RSS Channel Showcase 6881254
- RSS Channel Showcase 2333829
- RSS Channel Showcase 8107774
- RSS Channel Showcase 4074040
Articles on this Page
- 05/26/16--07:25: _Laser Pegs Launches...
- 05/26/16--11:13: _ASTRA to Honor Stev...
- 09/17/16--09:00: _ASTRA Certifies 28 ...
- 04/04/17--13:29: _Nearly 140 First-Ti...
- 05/02/17--12:31: _Toy Manufacturers S...
- 05/08/17--13:54: _Hands-On Toy Store ...
- 05/23/17--08:19: _ASTRA Adds Industry...
- 06/05/17--12:29: _Brain Miller to Rec...
- 06/19/17--13:20: _ASTRA Reveals 2017 ...
- 06/27/17--14:11: _ASTRA Members Elect...
- 05/26/16--07:25: Laser Pegs Launches Junior Collection at ASTRA
- 05/26/16--11:13: ASTRA to Honor Steven Aarons at Annual Awards Breakfast
- 09/17/16--09:00: ASTRA Certifies 28 New Play Experts
- 05/02/17--12:31: Toy Manufacturers Support Scholarship Fund for ASTRA Retailers
- 05/23/17--08:19: ASTRA Adds Industry Service Pavilion to Marketplace & Academy
- 06/05/17--12:29: Brain Miller to Receive ASTRA Top Honor
- 06/19/17--13:20: ASTRA Reveals 2017 Winners of Excellence Awards
- 06/27/17--14:11: ASTRA Members Elect New Representatives to Board of Directors
Laser Pegs Ventures is launching Laser Pegs Junior, a line designed specifically for 4 to 7 year olds. The line uses larger parts, features simpler assembly, and has pieces compatible with all Laser Peg kits. Each kit features multiple STEM-friendly builds, including Space, Rescue, Construction, Jets, and Trains. These five kits are the initial unveiling [...]
The American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA) will honor specialty toy retailer and industry leader Steven Aarons, owner of the Barstons Child’s Play toy stores in the Washington, DC area at Marketplace & Academy with the Lifetime Achievement Award. A veteran of more than 30 years in the toy industry, Aarons was involved in several [...]
The American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA) has chosen 28 specialty toy retailers, sales representatives, and manufacturers to earn the ASTRA Certified Play Expert credential during ASTRA’s first in-person certification workshop held from Sept. 10 to 11 in Chicago, Ill. The CPE Workshop provides networking opportunities, dynamic discussions, and hands-on activities to further support the [...]
One hundred and thirty-eight toy manufacturers will be participating for the first time at the American Specialty Toy Retailing Association‘s (ASTRA) upcoming Marketplace & Academy. The exhibit hall, ASTRA’s largest ever, is sold out. Companies will be showing product that are not available yet anywhere, giving specialty retailers the opportunity to be the first to [...]
Several toy manufacturers have contributed to a scholarship fund to help American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA) retailers facing financial hardship attend ASTRA’s 2017 Marketplace & Academy event in Philadelphia. This event will take place from June 25 through 28. Those who contribute $1,000 or more to the scholarship fund will be featured in an article [...]
The American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA)‘s 2017 Marketplace & Academy will include a live, hands-on, experiential toy store—complete with product demonstrations, enthusiastic staff, and giveaways—on the exhibit hall floor. Called the Neighborhood Toy Store Day Experience (NTSD Experience), the demonstration will offer tools to help retailers make the most of Neighborhood Toy Store Day [...]
An Industry Service Pavilion will be available for attendees on the exhibit floor at American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA)‘s 2017 Marketplace & Academy. ASTRA affiliate partners participating in the Industry Service Pavilion may provide show-only specials and additional resources to ASTRA attendees who visit the pavilion. Marketplace & Academy will be held from June 25 [...]
Brian Miller of the Geppetto’s A Child’s Fantasy toy stores in San Diego, California, will be honored at Marketplace & Academy with ASTRA’s Lifetime Achievement Award. Miller is a 25-year veteran in the toy industry and owns nine Geppetto’s locations. He started his toy career about the same time ASTRA was founded, and served as [...]
The American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA) announced the 2017 winners of ASTRA’s Excellence Awards. The winners were Co-Owners Erin Blanton and Susan Blanton of Pufferbellies Toys and Books for Children in Staunton, VA for Retailer of the Year; HABA in Skaneateles, NY for Manufacturer of the Year; Kimberly Leakas from 24/7 Sales in New [...]
Members of the American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA) elected three specialty toy industry leaders to its Board of Directors at ASTRA’s Marketplace & Academy today in Philadelphia. The new representatives are Chair-elect Dee Farrell of Neat-Oh International; retailer Amy Saldanha of kiddywampus; and manufacturer Kevin McGrath from The Original Toy Co. Eric Quam of [...]